When Chef J.W Foster two years ago arrived at the San Francisco Fairmount Hotel he stated his Roof Herb Garden. The guests downstairs have fresh ingredients on the menu.
Foster, who grew up in Ontario, says he was Inspired by herb gardens at country inns in Canada to let leeks, thyme, and rosemary go to flower for the bees.On his Roof Herb-Garden raised beds are the best solution for growing herbs for the restaurant.
Lavender,Thyme,Rosemary,Sunflowers,Pea-Shoots,Amaranthus,Chives mixed with Pansies are just some of the plants in this garden . The mild and wet climate is also perfect for growing some exotics like Mediterranean Lemons and even more exotic Rangpur Limes.
- Herb Growing Secrets (growgreenfast.com)
- Expert Tips: Growing & Using Herbs (williams-sonoma.com)
- Homegrown: Indoor herb garden (thegazette.com)
- How to Grow Your Own Herb Garden (epicahome.com)
- My little herb garden – transplanted (50plusandlovinglife.wordpress.com)
- The Indoor Winter Herb Garden (showmeoz.wordpress.com)